Could You Benefit from a Brow Lift?
- Posted on: Sep 15 2016
Do you feel self-conscious about the lines in your forehead? Has your skin lost its elasticity in this area, making you look tired, sad or angry? If so, you may be a candidate for a brow lift, a surgical procedure that effectively reduces the appearance of wrinkles or lines on the forehead, while tightening drooping skin. A brow lift revitalizes your appearance by making you look friendlier, energetic and more alert.
Brow lift surgery can help with the following conditions:
- Sagging or low eyebrows that make you appear sad or tired
- Creases along the forehead that are horizontal and deep
- Frown lines across your nose and between your eyes
- Fatty tissue or excess skin that hangs over your eyes
A brow lift procedure is typically performed on an out-patient basis in a surgery center using local anesthesia and sedation.
You may be a good candidate for brow lift surgery, if you:
- Are physically healthy, which is essential for proper healing
- Have realistic expectations – a brow lift can take years off of your life, but not decades
- Are a non-smoker
- Are willing to follow your doctor’s orders to the letter
- Can commit to living a healthy life after surgery to maintain favorable results
Things to Consider
Before you commit to undergoing a brow lift, it’s important that you talk with your surgeon at length about the procedure and your individual goals. Be sure to ask any questions and share your concerns until you feel satisfied. Also, be aware that you may also need eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) in addition to a brow lift to effectively diminish baggy eyelids and crow’s feet. Results can last from five to 10 years, depending on your level of commitment to a healthy lifestyle following the procedure.
To learn more about the benefits of a brow lift, please contact us online to schedule an appointment. Our office in Spartanburg, SC, can be reached at 864-560-6717, while our office in Greer, SC, can be reached at 864-849-9330. We look forward to hearing from you!
Posted in: Brow Lift