The 5 Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Posted on: Mar 2 2015
Plastic surgery has been increasing in popularity over the last few years. As people become more comfortable with the idea, most of them are choosing the same types of procedures. Find out which cosmetic procedures are the most popular ones to help you choose which one you’d like to pursue.
Top Cosmetic Procedures
- Breast augmentation: Breast augmentation increases the size and can improve the appearance of breasts. One of the most popular techniques uses a silicon or saline implant to lift and enlarge the breast. The doctor places the implant under the pectoral muscles, over the pectoral muscles, or partially in the pectoral muscles.
- Rhinoplasty (nose job): Rhinoplasty is a procedure in which doctors reshape the nose. The technique that they use depends on the shape the nose is going to take after the procedure. Patients often choose their own noses during the initial visit to the surgery center. Depending on the change, the surgeon may shave cartilage, make changes to the bone or skin. Your plastic surgeon can give you more details on what exactly he will need to do to achieve the look you want.
- Liposuction: Liposuction is a vacuuming technique that removes fat from different areas of the body. The surgeon inserts a suction instrument (called a cannula) into the area to remove fat.
- Eyelid surgery: Eyelid surgery is normally conducted either by itself or as part of an overall facelift. Doctors remove fact and excess skin from the upper and lower eyelids, tightening the skin to create a fresher, younger appearance.
- Tummy tuck: A tummy tuck is the removal of excess skin and fat from the abdominal area. This procedure is typically performed when a patient loses a lot of weight, or experiences pregnancy, which leaves behind loose excess skin.
Have More Questions About Plastic Surgery? Contact Dr. Orseck
For more information about combining facial rejuvenation procedures, please contact us online to schedule an appointment. Our office in Spartanburg, SC, can be reached at 864-560-6717, while our office in Greer, SC, can be reached at 864-849-9330. We look forward to hearing from you.
Posted in: Plastic Surgery