Top Five Facts About Rhinoplasty
- Posted on: Dec 5 2014
Rhinoplasty, or nose reshaping surgery is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures performed annually. Rhinoplasty can address breathing problems and cosmetically enhance the appearance of the nose to create better facial harmony. Although nose reshaping surgery is a fairly common procedure, it’s important to select a board-certified plastic surgeon who has explicit expertise with the procedure. To follow are five facts that may surprise you about rhinoplasty.
- Among plastic surgeons, rhinoplasty is considered to be one of the most difficult procedures to perform. This is why selecting a plastic surgeon who is considered an expert in nose surgery is so important for this procedure.
- Nose reshaping surgery is intended to cosmetically improve your appearance — not change it entirely. It’s important for patients to have realistic expectations before undergoing surgery. Reshaping the nose to create better proportions among facial features preserves your unique look, only better. Often patients will name a celebrity who’s nose they admire, however, creating that nose for another individual may appear unnatural, and in some cases entirely impossible to achieve.
- Results from rhinoplasty surgery are permanent. It’s important patients understand that although revision rhinoplasty is an option in some cases, once the nose has been augmented it cannot be restored to its original form.
- Cosmetic nose surgery can address breathing problems, such as a deviated septum during the same procedure. This is a major benefit to patients because the risks associated with anesthesia are lowered.
- Immediately after the procedure has concluded swelling will be present. Swelling often lasts for a few months, making the full results difficult to see for quite some time. However, results continue to improve for up to a year.
Are You Interested in Rhinoplasty? Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Orseck in Spartanburg.
To learn more about rhinoplasty, please contact us online to schedule an appointment. Our office in Spartanburg, SC, can be reached at 864-560-6717, while our office in Greer, SC, can be reached at 864-849-9330. We look forward to hearing from you!
Posted in: Rhinoplasty