The most effective procedure to restore the appearance of an aging face is a facelift. However, the effects of aging often take place in the neck, before the signs of aging become prominent in the face. For patients looking for a youthful overhaul of both the face and neck, facelift and necklift procedures may be combined for the ultimate rejuvenating results.
The Neck Shows Signs of Aging Before the Face Does
- Necklift procedure works to tighten and smooth the skin of the neck
- A small incision is placed under the chin, and if necessary behind the ears
- Scarring is inconspicuous and unlikely to be detected
- Muscles in the neck may be re-positioned or removed to enhance results
- If necessary, liposuction may be performed to remove fat from the neck
- A necklift is an outpatient procedure
Facelifts are Often Performed on People Between 40 and 60 Years Old
- Facelift procedure intends to tighten and smooth the skin of the face
- Creates a more youthful appearance
- May be combined with blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), browlift or rhinoplasty for dramatic results
- Procedure is tailored to fit the needs of each patient’s individual facial anatomy and surgical goals
- Because this procedure is customized, incision sites vary but are always placed in the least noticeable places
- A facelift is often an outpatient procedure
When Should a Facelift and Necklift be Combined?
- When a patient feels the appearance of their face and neck makes them appear older than they are
- When a patient suffers insecurity due to the appearance of their face and neck
- When a plastic surgeon has evaluated the patient and recommends combining procedures for best aesthetic results
- When a patient is considering having both procedures, they should be performed together to minimize risks
- Combining procedures exposes patients to the risks associated with anesthesia once, rather than multiple
- Combining procedures allows patients to heal concurrently, meaning the recovery period is gone through once
Interested in Facial Rejuvenation? Contact Dr. Orseck
For more information about combining facial rejuvenation procedures, please contact us online to schedule an appointment. Our office in Spartanburg, SC, can be reached at 864-560-6717, while our office in Greer, SC, can be reached at 864-849-9330. We look forward to hearing from you.