Perlane, which is a newer member of the Restylane family of products, is another way to reduce wrinkles and restore fullness and smoothness to skin. Approved by the FDA in 2007, the clear, injectable gel adds volume just under the skin to diminish facial lines and folds.
Here are the top five benefits of Perlane:
- It’s Natural. Perlane is made of hyaluronic acid, which is formulated to act like your body’s own naturally-produced hyaluronic acid. Like elastin and collagen, hyaluronic acid works within the body to help skin retain elasticity and remain supple. Perlane actually works with your body to make your skin look and feel more youthful.
- It’s Versatile. Perlane can be used to treat deep facial lines, such as nasolabial folds around the nose, as well as the marionette lines around the mouth and chin. Perlane injections can also be used to expertly contour the cheeks to get rid of sunken, hollow cheeks due to natural fat loss as the face ages. Perlane can also be used to augment and contour lips’ fullness, as well as to fill out feathering wrinkles around the lips.
- It’s Effective. The results of Perlane injections are immediately noticeable, so patients are able to see how much their appearance has aesthetically improved. As Perlane’s hyaluronic acid works with your skin to naturally add suppleness, the appearance of wrinkles and folds continues to gradually improve. In two clinical studies, 89% of patients who received Perlane treatments achieved optimal correction of midface volume loss that caused their wrinkles and folds, according to the FDA.
- It’s Safer. Because Perlane is made up of hyaluronic acid, a substance that is naturally found in the body, it is hypoallergenic and extremely unlikely to cause an allergic reaction. Therefore, it does not require a pre-treatment skin test and is considerably safer than synthetic or artificial dermal fillers.
- It Lasts Longer. Perlane’s unique ability to bind with water allows it to remains in your skin for many months following the initial injection, retaining your treatment’s results for up to 6 months. Perlane continues to perform up to 60% longer than collagen, and its results last considerably longer than other non-permanent wrinkles fillers.
Perlane Treatments in South Carolina
If you are interested in learning more about Perlane or any of the other various skin and cosmetic treatments that we offer, please contact us online to schedule an appointment. Our office in Spartanburg, SC, can be reached at 864-560-6717, while our office in Greer, SC, can be reached at 864-849-9330. We look forward to hearing from you.